- Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 0C7
- (226) 444-6787
Frequently Asked Questions
- Security - see Security
- Simple contract
- Great price
- CRM expertise *
- Help with initial setup *
- On-going reference and trouble-shooting *
- Understanding your business *
- Unlimited choice for you in finding support and developers if you want to extend the functionality of the standard software *
- Open source software means you can always get an up-to-date copy of the software and we can optionally provide you with a complete data backup on demand, so moving to another server hosting service or an in-house server is always an option for you.
- Only pay for the support you need*
* Hourly or daily consulting fees apply to these services that require time from Outside services, Salmar consulting or technical support staff
You can email up to 5,000 emails per day with an HTML only email, no attachments.
- You can email 100 Emails per day with attachments up to 2MB
- For extended high-volume Email requirements, we suggest using a dedicated emailing service like Constant Contact We can optionally add the api to connect to Constant Contact to automatically mail the selected email addresses from CiviCRM. You just store the Email information in one place. Unsubscribes and opt outs are automatically added back to the CiviCRM database.
- It can be, or you can continue to run with your current web-site and link to Vtiger or CiviCRM for just the key functionality - Register a new user or member, sign up for an event, pay a membership fee etc. For the basic hosting we supply the open source standard version of Drupal CMS (Content management System) or Joomla CMS. This is adequate for running CiviCRM or Vtiger but you will probably need extended functionality to make the web-site maintenance and CMS easier to use and more fully functioned. Supported CMS systems can be installed for you for a small one time charge - see the hosting and set up price list
- The answer depends on the support option that you chose to purchase when the system was installed.
- Most error messages are self-explanatory and reflect a problem with set up or settings. It is best to investigate these yourself: First check the set up items and secondly see if the problem is replicable.
- Secondly if you are still stuck, the on-line help and user forums provide a helpful and free service to share advice and insight. We provide you with a link to the help and forums from your links section in your software, and you can search for your specific situation and gather insight from all of the other users who are using the systems around the world.
- Thirdly, it is a very good idea to review the documentation that is available for searching specific issues
- If you cannot resolve the issue this way and you do not have an in-house expert resource, or contracted support consultant, hourly support can be accessed by calling (519) 497 3021. You will be expected to pay in advance with a credit card for any support accessed this way.
- Self-support using in-house resources - suitable if you have immediate access to technical staff capabile of resolving technical issues and user inquiries
- Third party support. We work with you during installation to establish your support needs and to establish the support resources and levels that works for you. If you want to upgrade your support option please call us to define your new needs. Typicallly this support is available either 9AM - 5PM, 5 days a week or can be 24/7.
- See www.salmar.com/support.html for more options for direct support
- Consulting and business advice regarding how to use the software to solve your specific business challenges
- Assistance with initial configuration of the software to meet your need, to get you up-and-running quickly
- Project management and coordination